Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dear Best Friend.

I started the 30 day letter challenge because I feel like I need to blog more, and my rants are getting old.

Dear best friend,

Rebecca Christine Hochhalter. Look how far we've come. We got make overs, jobs, high school diplomas, and just a speck of responsibility. It seems like just yesterday we were those girls sitting in front of killer pizza with our gnarly eyeshadow and hooker heels, trying to hook you up with jacob. Holy balls, what a memory. I'm so thankful to have you in my life. I'll be honest, I thought a couple times we were done. We fought hard, but I think we needed to get it out of our system. We were young and stupid. But it's been over a year now since our last blow out, and we're still tighter than the jo bro's pants! Thank you for always being the person I can count on. Day or night, rain or shine; you're there. Unless you're in de luz..then there's no service and you're beyond my reach. You're the only person on the face of this earth that knows me inside and out. I used to try putting on a charade when my emotions were plummeting, but you always saw right through it. So I simply don't try hiding from you anymore. And I have to say, it's the best gift anyone's ever given me. It feels good to know you see right through me, and you still love me.
I'm so proud of you for the huge changes you've made over the last year and a half. I thought I'd lost my best friend when you started doing drugs. I could still hang out with you and have a fun time, but deep down there was something wrong. It wasn't you. I know it was a long, hard process getting off drugs. But you did it. And I'm always going to be so proud of you for that. I think my proudest moment though was watching you walk across the stage to get your high school diploma. I teared up when they called you back up for the scholarship. Despite everyone telling you you couldn't, you did. That's why I love you. You take what people think/say about you, and you turn it around and shove it right back in their faces.
Stay strong. Stay you.

Love,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment